The best anonymous VPN protection
Off The Record VPN’s core mission is to enable customers to use the internet privately and securely. Not only are we committed to safeguarding your privacy, but we are also transparent about the information we do and don’t collect.
Off The Record VPN does NOT and WILL NEVER log:
IP addresses (source or VPN)
Traffic destination or metadata
We have carefully engineered our apps and VPN servers to categorically eliminate sensitive information. As a result, Off The Record VPN can never be compelled to provide customer data that do not exist.
What Off The Record VPN collects and why:
- Apps and app versions successfully activated
- Dates (not times) when connected to the VPN service
- Choice of VPN server location
- Total amount (in MB) of data transferred per day
None of the above data enable Off The Record VPN or anyone else to match an individual to specific network activity or behavior. We are unable to answer questions related to data that we do not possess, such as how a customer has utilized our VPN service.
Why does Off The Record VPN need to collect any information at all?
- To troubleshoot technical issues related to Off The Record VPN apps
- To provide technical support to customers, identify connection problems, and give country-specific advice on how to use our service
- To enable Off The Record VPN engineers to identify and fix network issues
Off The Record VPN also collects anonymized analytics data such as speed test data, connection failures, and crash reports. These diagnostic reports do NOT tie back to individual users because we’ve engineered our apps to never know which user sends which data. You can specify in the settings menu of any Off The Record VPN app whether you wish to send these data to us.
What Off The Record VPN does not and will never collect:
Off The Record VPN stores no activity logs and no connection logs from our users. Here’s what that means:
- No activity logs. Off The Record VPN does not see or record which websites you visit. We never log the destination or contents of your traffic, and we run our own private, zero-knowledge DNS on every VPN server for added privacy and anonymity.
- No connection logs. Off The Record VPN never logs connection timestamps, session duration, your source IP address, or the Off The Record VPN IP address that your computer assumes when connected to the VPN.
Off The Record VPN takes your privacy seriously.
Our commitment to your privacy means we never keep sensitive information and eliminate both activity logs and connection logs. Our systems are built around NOT knowing how customers utilize our services. Off The Record VPN cannot answer questions like “Which users were connected to a given IP address at a specific time?” or “Which users accessed a particular website?” because we simply never possess those sensitive data.
Other VPN providers claim “no logs” on their privacy policies without going into much detail. Do they know if customers manage to use their apps successfully? Can they enforce a limit on simultaneous usage from more than five devices?
If a provider claims to “know nothing” but won’t answer simple questions about what they specifically do or don’t know, then it would be reasonable to question their claims of “no logs”. Unfortunately, most providers lack transparency when it comes to what matters most to VPN users: your privacy.
Off The Record VPN supports the fight for digital rights
Off The Record VPN is committed not only to providing a private, anonymous VPN service to people all over the world, but also to supporting the cause of privacy itself.